MPTA is working to track the latest news on key transit issues.
CTAA has put together a COVID-19 Buyer’s Guide to better assist our members in identifying the best, most relevant, cleaning, disinfecting and PPE supplies, or other COVID-19 related supply purchases.
Thank you to all of our Minnesota transit systems for contributing to this report!
Here is the link to the Buyer's Guide.
If you have additional information, please email Katie Leibel
Information on the CARES Act Below.
- Chao Announces $25 Billion to Help Nation's Public Transportation Systems
- Frequently Asked Questions from FTA Grantees Regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- 2020 Emergency Relief Docket
Click below for links to important information regarding COVID-19 and its impact on transit in Minnesota.
You can follow the latest information posted by APTA here.
Check out information resources from CTAA here.
See the Synopsis of the State Transit Association Call here.
See Key COVID-19-Related Questions for FTA here.
Click here for information from MPTA and MnDOT's COVID-19 surveys sent out to Transit Systems all over the state near the middle of March.
Information and guidelines for coping with COVID-19's impact on Transit Systems is available below.
Below are stories on how many Transit Systems in the state are coping with the impact COVID-19 has had on their community.
- Prairie Lakes Transit Remains on Road
- Friendly Rider adds food to its transport list
- Metro Transit to cut service by 40% starting Wednesday
- Modified Minnesota Valley Transit Authority Service Schedule Begins Friday
- Southwest Transit will reduce service
- Rochester Changing Transit Parking and Public Access
Click below to download MPTA media files.
MPTA is currently working with MnDOT's Office of Transit and Active Transportation (OTAT) to improve transparency regarding investment decisions for public transportation systems. This will allow for a more collaborative decision-making process and will move towards a multi-year program versus the current annual solicitation. The files below provide more information. More documents will be provided as they are available.