The Minnesota Public Transit Association (MPTA) is the only organization in Minnesota comprised of transit providers and advocates from all over the state that is independent and focused on improving all transit systems.
Created in 1975, MPTA advocates on your behalf for equitable transit funding to improve the service that thousands of Minnesota residents rely upon every day.
Your membership provides MPTA with more resources and a stronger voice at the Capitol. Without MPTA, transit advocates would not be as effective.
Click Here to View Our Membership Brochure
Transit Systems Click Here to Pay Member Dues
Industry Partners Click Here to Make Your Annual Contribution
MPTA will keep you informed with updates and information on the latest action impacting transit systems.
The In-Transit Newsletter, as well as regular updates, provides information on legislative activity, news from transit systems around the state and information you need to know.
Staying in touch with colleagues and learning more about transit service is critical. MPTA hosts events throughout the year that make a difference:
- The Minnesota Public Transit Conference featuring sessions on bus operations and critical transit issues.
- Minnesota Bus Roadeo focusing on improving driver skills to enhance safety.
- Transportation Day at the Capitol is an opportunity to join with other transit advocates in speaking out for transit in Minnesota
- Regional Meetings all across the state that provide good networking opportunities.
- Advocacy Tools
- MPTA provides members with communication tools to help in effectively communicating with legislators, local media, and community leaders.